Centre for Research in Telugu Language
Centre for Research in Telugu Language
People Welfare Society, Vijayawada is proud to accept the invitation of Ramalayam Project, Telugu States (Andhra Pradesh and Telangana) for starting "The Centre for Research in Telugu Language", at Amaravati, Andhra Pradesh. The centre aims at protecting the Telugu culture and Telugu traditions by computers and digitalization.
Aim of the Centre
The aim of the centre is to develop Telugu digital resources with the help of computer experts and Telugu pundits.
The Objective of the Centre Includes
1. Research, Development and Training on Telugu Keyboard, Telugu Fonts, Telugu Graphics, Telugu Voice and Natural Language Applications.
2. Distribution and Centralized Support System for Telugu Keyboard, Telugu Fonts, Telugu Graphics, Telugu Voice and Natural Language Applications.
3. Promotion of Digital Telugu Language Asserts and Management.
Hon Committee Members at CRTL
1. Sri Tirumala Krishna Desikacharyulu, (Retired), Computer Scientist, Atomic Energy of Canada, Pothana Font Developer (Early 2000)
2. Sri Suresh Kolichala, IBM, USA, Director, eemaata Telugu Magazine
3. Sri Krishna Sharma, Sr. Solution Architect (Retired), BCBSNC, Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina, USA (Digitalized Entire Ramayana)
4. Sri Dr Raghu Krishnapuram, Associate Director (Retired), IBM
5. Sri Dr. N.V.N. Chary, Principal (Retired), GDC, Warangal, Telangana, India
The Centre for Research in Telugu Language (CRTL) membership is worldwide and is open to applicants who can demonstrate a genuine interest in the telugu language and support, the Institute aims and objectives.Hon Supporting Member from Ramalayam Project
Dr Rama Siva Kiran Reddy, Director, Sevas Educational Society, Vizianagaram, Andhra Pradesh.
The Centre for Research in Telugu Language (CRTL) membership is worldwide and is open to applicants who can demonstrate a genuine interest in the telugu language and support, the Institute aims and objectives.
There are three kinds of Life Memberships
1. Individual Membership (INR 1000)
2. Expert Membership/Associate Expert Membership (INR 5000)
3. Volunteer Membership (INR 500)
Anybody, who has genuine interest in Telugu language can join as individual member. Resources developed by the Centre for Research in Telugu Language (CRTL) will be shared to individual members with a discounted fee.
1. Under Graduate, Post Graduate or PhD in Computers, Information Science, Electronics, Mechanical, Chemical, graphics, animation or relevant Science and Engineering students, faculty, researchers, industry, who have genuine interest in developing advanced resources in telugu language can join.
2. Under Graduate, Post Graduate or PhD in Telugu Language, Poetry or Any Telugu Pundit or Telugu Teachers can join.
Associate Expert Membership
1. Under Graduate, Post Graduate or PhD in Computers, Information Science, Electronics, Mechanical, Chemical, graphics, animation or relevant Science and Engineering students, faculty, researchers, industry, who have genuine interest in developing advanced resources in other languages can join.
2. Under Graduate, Post Graduate or PhD in Telugu Language, Poetry or Any Other language pundit or Other language teachers can join.
Note: The membership fee for Expert Membership and Associate Expert Membership are same.
Anybody who wish to contribute to Telugu Language Research can join as a Volunteer Membership. The contribution in terms of fonts, telugu asserts, management and much more.
Corporate industries, who are associated with computers and software development can join as corporate members with life membership fee of INR 8 Lakhs. One representative will be allowed to attend meetings at CRTL.
1. Reduced Fee or Discounted Fee for Telugu Resources developed at Centre for Research in Telugu Language (CRTL).
2. Expert Members can start the chapter for Centre for Research in Telugu Language (CRTL) at their organization.
3. Expert members can participate in our "Call for Proposals". Kindly check below links for "Call for Proposals".
4. Members will also get 80G Tax Exemption Certificate.
5. Many more benefits like Membership Certificate, reduced registration fee for conferences, events, interaction with international experts and much more.
How to start the Centre for Research in Telugu Language
There are two ways, anybody can start this centre at their institution.
1. Kindly fill our Online Application Form and wait for update.
Note: A fee of INR 1,00,000 is applicable for starting CRTL at your organization. The amount of INR 75000 will be transferred back after opening a separate Bank Account with "Head of the Institution" or "Head of the Department" and the nominated "Faculty In-charge". We will be giving five free expert memberships.
2. Small organizations or institutes can take up the Expert Membership (INR 5000) and start contributing to the CRTL.
Call for Donations
Elevation of Telugu language and making availability of Telugu resources is need of hour. The Centre for Research in Telugu Language creates an ecosystem for interaction between Telugu pundits with computer experts. There are five main focus areas 1. Telugu Keyboard, 2. Telugu Fonts, 3. Telugu Graphics, 4. Telugu Voice and 5. Telugu Software. This kind of futuristic centre for daily needs should be present in every Computer Science Departments in Telugu States (Andhra Pradesh and Telangana). Be part of this initiative and protect our dying Telugu language.
How to Donate or Support this initiative?
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call to (+91) 9951550045 for supporting this much needed initiative. All contributions or donations are tax exempted.
CRTL At Glance
Call for Proposals
The Centre for Research in Telugu Language (CRTL), Amaravati, Andhra Pradesh, call for proposals from eminent organizations for promoting or developing, Telugu Keyboard Layout and prepare training modules.
The proposal can be prepared in any format, there is no limitation for funding. The duration of the project is 1 to 5 years. The Centre for Research in Telugu Language (CRTL) will train more than 50 Lakh people from Andhra Pradesh and Telangana on this final keyboard layout. The Centre develops the keyboard on continuous basis and promote Telugu digital asserts.The following outcomes .are expected at the end of the research:
1. Research on existing Telugu Keyboard Layout (InScript - Government of India). Feedback from Telugu Pundits, Scholars, General Public, Graphic Artists and much more. Online and offline feedback from all stakeholders. The principal investigator can suggest modifications or updates based on the research outcome.
2. Development of educational training modules (for promoting keyboard), optimization of the resources for effective outcome, development of language tools (Online or Offline), development of tools for people with medical problems, development of tools for people, who can talk Telugu but cannot read or write and similar kind of innovative tools.
3. Development of protocols for starting the Centre for Research in Telugu Language (CRTL) at Amaravati, Andhra Pradesh, India. Optimizing and streamlining the resources, so that the development will stay for many years.
Note: One of the co-investigator will be nominated by the Hon Committee Members of Ramalayam Project.
Who can apply?
Computer and Digitalization skills are important for effective execution of the project. Anybody, who has experience in this area can apply.
How to Apply
Email to email@example.com for application form and more information related to the project.
Feedback and Appreciation
Municipal Officers of Vijayawada, Machilipatnam, Jaggayapet, Tadepalli Gudem and Officers nearby Villages have appreciated the works of People Welfare Society in creating awareness about plastics.
District Rural Development Agency (DRDA) had appreciated the works of People Welfare Society for promoting Women Self Help Groups.